Special Prize Emerging Industries
Details of the prize competition
In order to honour the best innovations utilizing cross-cutting concepts combining technologies from ICT and Life Sciences, the Saxon State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport awarded the "Sonderpreis Emerging Industries 2015" (Special Prize Emerging Industries) to the most promising project ideas.
The Special Prize Emerging Industries 2015 was broken down into three ranks:
1st rank: 15.000 Euro
2nd rank: 7.000 Euro
3rd rank: 3.000 Euro
44 Project ideas had been submitted to C3-Saxony following the calls for ideas or the C3-Saxony Innovation Workshops until November 10, 2014.
Eligible for participating in the prize competition were project ideas which completed the following two steps:
- They had been awarded with an innovation voucher in November 2014
- have gone through further qualification steps until May 2015 (i.e., the preparation of a detailed project plan with a technology roadmap and a business model canvas).
On June 4, 2015, a dedicated panel of experts from the ICT or Life Science business sector, research/academic organisations, and regional government reviewed the applications according to the assessment criteria:
- Soundness of the overall concept (i.e. chances of realization in a customary timeframe, uniqueness, level of Innovation, user benefit)
- Expected leverage effect/economic impact, and
- realization of cross-sectorial innovation approach.
Panel of experts:
- Dr.Ing. Gerold Bausch, Research Group Leader, Laboratory for Biosignal Processing, University of Applied Sciences Leipzig
- Prof. Michael Brand, Research Group Leader, Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden
- Dr. Konrad Crämer, Department of Strategy, Branches and Marketing, Saxony Economic Development Corporation, Dresden
- Uwe Gäbler, Senior Manager Innovation, Infineon Technologies Dresden GmbH
- Dr. Dirk Orlamünder, Director General Digitalization and Market Regulation, Saxon State Ministry for Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport, Dresden
- Antje Strom, Partner, KPMG, Leipzig
The project maturity at the time of evaluation had not been assessed: The project status could range from concept stage up to (early) market introduction.
There was a joint award ceremony with the Saxon Innovation Prize ("Sächsischer Innovationspreis 2015"), winners received the prize at the Saxon Innovation Summit ("Sächsischer Innovationsgipfel") on July 2 2015 (News), and had the opportunity to present their ideas to a wider auditorium on July 7, 2015 at the 10th Silicon Saxony Day.
Saxon innovation prize 2015 (German)